.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Lemon Party
Wednesday, February 16, 2005
 
Trapped By turtle_07's Machinations In Grammar World
Last week I talked, for the second time, about spell-checking one's blog. I thought that was enough, but turtle_07 goaded me into explaining how to check one's spelling using Microsoft Word since not all blogging sites have their own spell-checking utilities. I thought for sure that would be enough, but once again turtle_07 reared his ugly head via poorly spelled comments: "Microsoft word costs monie [sic] so I don't own it. Please help."

Luckily he does have access to Google.com.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Using Google.com's handy search for the key words "free," "spell," and "check" I was able to find this site.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I then used that website to check the spelling of a sample passage.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The results seemed adequate enough.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

However one should still keep in mind that this, like other spell checkers, is not enough on its own.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And remember the guiding light, lest we forget the glory that be Lemon Party.
Because your blog sucks.
Comments: Post a Comment




free hit counter