.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Lemon Party
Wednesday, June 23, 2004
 
So What's the Story With All These Capital Letters? Seems a Bit Extreme, Doesn't It?
Let me begin with the following missive: Wear pants.


Now with that out of the way I shall regale you with more talk (so to speak) of gimmicks and commenting skills. Now I've given some categories of thought and I hope you've begun your explorations on your own. However you'll find the right answers here.

Today I'll talk about gimmickry that hurts. In other words today's topic is not sunshine and rainbows. It's snide satire and a complete indifference to a blogger's feelings. Actually indifference is the wrong word, schadenfreude is more likely what we're looking at. We are going to revel in others' unhappiness and incomprehension.

Now you're probably going to expect links at some point. You're probably expectnig that one or more of those links will be to certain user we've had intercourse with before. Intercourse in the high-minded sense, not my obligatory practices with your household's matriarch. I'm not going to do anything to her today because, frankly, no one likes shooting fish in a barrel. Well, actually I do, but still I'm in the mood for variety. There will be links, but they'll be to new bloggers. I hope not all of you are dissappointed.

Now for today's exploits we want to create an identity that is unique and memorable and endlessly amusing. Now you can build your gimmicks in the abstract, which I've done, or you can tailor them to the individual situations. This is generally more rewarding, but alas, it can be timeconsuming.

Today I'm feeling a little bit lazy (surprisingly enough), so I shall perform the dreaded half-measures. To whit: I shall craft a persona, but I shall not create a new account or go it anonymous. Instead I shall post as myself, albeit with minimal literary talent. Wolf in sheep's clothing and all that.

The Link.

As you can see she's none to sharp, but whether or not she'll find the link to this site and deduce she is in the process of being "prankd" is anyone's guess. I'm expecting her to take it hook, line, and sinker. But once in awhile people surprise me. I did make it pretty easy for anyone of even slightly sub-normal intelligence to guess the game.

No immediate response so we'll move on to another journal. This time we won't mess around with long-term stuff. This will be straight forward. This particular user seems to be a bit paranoid about anonymous readers so we'll try giving his tail a little bit of a tweak. Nothing subtle about that one, we just want to see how he responds to contempt.

Here's a third target for the day. I think this one will realize that she's being made fun of, but if she tries to retaliate she'll need a dictionary. I'll again post as myself, and this time in a form unmangled by self-enforced stupidity. It's not subtle, but there is a solid chance she'll assume she was chosen for some spark of beauty that is, in actuality, quite absent.

Tommorow or the next day we'll look at the results of today's sallies.


Until then, remember the guiding light, lest we forget the glory that be Lemon Party.
Because your blog sucks.
Comments: Post a Comment




free hit counter