.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Lemon Party
Friday, March 05, 2004
 
Pause for Reflection or Cause for Refraction?
This my friends is Friday. Okay, okay, actually you're not my friends, but you get the idea. The seventh turtle_ of an innumerable line of turtles_ has been demonstrating certain points of blogging style. And he's been right a stunning 14 million percent of the time. Not bad, even for an e-internet celebrity such as he. Him? He. I don't know. It's late and I'm tired. But at least I'm not high. Funny that I should mention that in a lame attempt at segue, when in fact the subject of this entry is the experience of blogging high.

There's one vital difference between blogging high and blogging drunk. Believe me this difference is vital: it's illegal. Unless, of course, you live in Amsterdam, in which case no one gives a fuck about you. So anyway you're not in Amsterdam so doing drugs is a crime regardless (no, irregardless still isn't a word) of the side effects or lack thereof. Doesn't matter if you're doing weed for medicinal purposes, religious purposes, or as good old-fashioned R&R. You're committing a crime. And posting accounts of your crime on the interwebnation superhighway is generally considered a bad thing. And don't think about changing it later once you've slept it off. Chances are it's cached at least half a dozen difference places across the net, not to mention the possibility of your "friends" taking incriminating screenshots.

Of course this missive applies to more than just drug influenced posting, but I have decided not use the phrases "hook-nosed Russian", "naive albino girlfriend", or "ice cold" today. Other than of course that prior sentence. And there's no possibility of my naming the Elberts...that is to say culprits. I'm above that.



And remember the guiding light, lest we forget the glory that be Lemon Party.
Because your blog sucks.
Comments: Post a Comment




free hit counter