.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Lemon Party
Thursday, November 13, 2003
 
Meaning Behind the Party
There've been a lot of posts today; my mind has been unsettled, and I've needed to little my thoughts and fears and feelings. I tried addressing them today, but still, something is lacking. Something which I have happened upon today. Not ranting, nor comicing, nor declaiming, nor drunken raging, nor angsty whining.

What I have come to is teaching.

The internet is full of blogs, jam packed with them. Everyone has a blog, many have multiples, workgroups have blogs too, and companies, and even schools. Among these blogs are cast an array of unique and less unqiue works, some intensely heartfelt and personal, others regularized and commercialized. Approximately half are below average. A shocking figure I know, but it is a fact of our life.

My remedy is a semi-regular series of Do's and Don'ts for successful blogging. Feedback is currently available, so feel free to post your thoughts on the expansion of purpose. I'll read everything you write, probably out loud so as to amuse everyone in earshot with your ignorance, but such is life. With teaching in mind I present to you my first commandment of blogging:

Thou shalt not use thy blog to fish for compliments




free hit counter